Please see instructions attached
KEAN UNIVERSITY WI-FI
How to register devices to KUAIR for University Students, Guests, Faculty and Staff Members.
Wireless devices such as smart home devices (Ex. Amazon Echo, Google Home) and Game Consoles need to be registered manually on Kean University’s Self-Registration Portal in order to connect them to the network. The following steps will guide you through the self-registration process.
- Using a computer or cellphone open your prefered web browser (Ex. Google Chrome, Firefox).
- Please make sure the device you are using to register is connected to Kean’s network (KUAIR, KUAIR-FACSTAFF or wired connection).
- If the device you would like register has a built in browser you may be redirected to the registration portal if you are not redirected please proceed to step 2.
- Click on the search bar and go to the following link:
- You will be greeted by the following page:
- To log in, use your Kean University Email username (without “@kean.edu”) and password.
- Once you have logged in you will see the following page:
- This page will show all devices that have already been registered to your account.
- To add a new device click “Add”
- Once you click “Add you will see the following page:
- Enter your device’s MAC Address (Ex. 00:25:96:12:34:56) in the MAC address field.
- If you do not know how to find your device's MAC address, see the instructions below.
- Enter a brief description of the device in the description field (Ex. XBOX).
- Click “Submit”
- Once clicked your device has been registered and you will be brought back to the registration center.
How To Find Your MAC Address:
A MAC Address (sometimes called a "Physical Address") is a unique identifier for your device and does not change. It has nothing to do with whether the device is an Apple product.
All MAC Addresses appear as a series of letters and numbers with colons separating them into pairs. They can use the numbers 0 through 9 and the letters A through F.
On all devices, the MAC Address can usually be found in the System Settings menu, often listed under "About this Device" or similarly labeled menus.
For PlayStation 4:
- Go to Settings in the main menu (looks like a toolbox).
- Scroll down and select System. Then select System Information.
- Here you will see the MAC addresses for Wi-Fi.
For XBox One:
- From the main menu, navigate to Settings
- Go to Network -> Advanced Settings
For Amazon FireStick:
- From the Home screen, navigate to Settings
- Go to System -> About -> Network
For Amazon Alexa: