To redeem your copy, you must go to the Microsoft website and set up an account using your Kean credentials by following the steps below.
What You Get:
After registering for your Microsoft Office account, you will be able to download Office, and you will also have the option of using simplified versions of the software through your browser.
The Microsoft Office Suite for Education includes:
- Outlook (download only)
- Publisher (download only)
- Access (download only)
- Sway (browser only)
- Forms (browser only)
- SharePoint (browser only, syncable through OneDrive)
You will also be able to use your Microsoft account for OneDrive cloud storage.
How To Register:
- Go to the official Microsoft for Education website:
- Find the heading "Get started with Office 365 for free" and enter your @kean.edu email, then click "Get Started"
- Check your e-mail for further instructions from Microsoft to finish setting up your account and download a copy of Office.
Once registered, you can download Office or use its web versions through office.com.
Through this program, you can install Office on up to 5 PCs or Macs, 5 tablets, and 5 smartphones.
Please note that the download includes all Microsoft Office applications. At this time, Microsoft does not offer a means to download only Word, only PowerPoint, etc.
- Go to office.com. If prompted, sign in with your @kean.edu e-mail address and the password that you set for your Microsoft account.
In the upper right section of the page (across from "Good morning/afternoon, <your name>") click on the "Install Office" button.
- Click on "Office 365"
- At the bottom of your browser, click on the OfficeSetup.exe that appeared.
- If prompted "Allow app to make changes on this device" select "Yes"
- Follow any further prompts and instructions given by the installer.