YubiKey for multi-factor authentication (MFA)
If you don't have a smartphone, or you're unable to install the Okta Verify or Google Authenticator apps on your smartphone, you can request a Yubikey (a USB hardware device) via the Help Desk Portal or 908-737-6000.
Once you receive the Yubikey, follow the instructions below to get set up.
- a YubiKey provided by OCIS
- a laptop or computer with a USB port.
Log in using Yubikey
Follow these instructions on how to log in using your YubiKey.
- When prompted by the login screen, enter your Kean username and password, then click Sign In.
- After logging in successfully, you will be prompted to setup your YubiKey. Click Setup.
- When you see the following screen, insert your YubiKey and press and hold the gold disc on the YubiKey device.
TIP: On your computer or the device you regularly use, tick Do not challenge me on this device again. When using that same device and web browser, you'll no longer have to complete an MFA challenge.